Let’s face it, I’m in my 30s and the time has come to take care of my skin. Long gone are the days where I wouldn’t feel guilty about sleeping with makeup on or not putting on a moisturizer before bed. I’m not going to lie though, I don’t follow these steps – every – single night, I try to – but it’s a work in progress that I’m still trying to make perfect.
So lets do this. Here is my routine and my go to products at the moment.
My Morning Routine
I wake up and first skin related thing I do is just to splash some cold cold water on my face. I like to let me skin breath, so I just spray the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, which literally feels like you are waking up your skin (I’ve been using this for YEARS!) and I go about simple morning things – like making my coffee or getting the kids up.
When it comes time to get ready for the day I wash my face with the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser (another goodie I’ve been using for as long as I can remember and now got the husband hooked on it too!). I then apply the Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence, now you are probably like, what the heck is that?! Well, its basically miracle water. No joke! Read the reviews, do a google search and you will be running, not walking, to Sephora to buy it! It works in 4 ways – helps clear skin, improves texture, helps firm, and helps hydrate your skin! It’s magical!!! Finally, I use the Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen all over my face and neck.
Now, If I dont have to shoot and just running errands I like to use a BB or CC cream instead of foundation. I like to leave the foundation for more going out or shooting days, as I know its a little more harsh on my skin. My go to for many years was a BB Cream by Dior which they just recently discontinued. I tried A TON of there BB creams and hated them all, I’m picky lol, until I used the YSL Touche Eclat All-In-One-Glow. It’s basically a BB/CC/Primer/SPF all in one amazingness. I love it!
For my more ‘done up’ look, I first apply the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Moisturizer all over my face and neck. Once its absorbed I like to use the Becca Radiant Finish Primer with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
Nighttime is always a little bit more complicated and takes a little longer. We have more time, our skin will rest while we sleep so its really the best moment to take care of your skin. I’m going to do this in steps, I think its the least overwhelming way to explain everything that goes on.
Ok….ready? Its a lot. 🙂
- I wash my face with the Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
- Apply the Pixie Glow Tonic all over my face and neck. This a step a lot of times we skip, but its so important! Using a toner really helps take out any little extra dirt the cleanser didn’t as well as it really helps balance PH levels. Also Pixie is a super affordable brand and I love their products!
- I apply the Amorepacific Vintage Single Extract Essence – you know the deal about this one. 🙂
- A serum is a must before a moisturizer and my go to has been the Amorepacific Time Response Skin Reverse Serum.
- For my moisturizer I’ve used the Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream for years and I’m a huge fan! I just finished a bottle a few weeks ago and wanted to try something different, so I switched to the Amorepacific Time Response Skin Reverse Cream and am loving it too!!
- My eye cream. I used the La Mer Eye Concentrate, for along time, but for the past year or so I’ve been using the Elemis Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment, and love it just as much, plus the price point is so much better!
- Last but not least, my lips. I’m obsessed with the Lineage Lip Sleeping Mask. Forget all your chapsticks and lip balms – THIS is what you want to put on your lips before bed!!!
Ok, phew….I feel like this was a lot.
So these are part of my nightly routine at least twice a week!
Masks are something I love to do at least once a week. Some of my favorites are – La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask , GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment and the super affordable but awesome Sephora Collection Rose Mask
For my body I loooooove looooove looooove the Moroccanoil Night Body Serum. Just put it all over your body before bed, go to sleep and wake up with the softness skin EVER! Plus, it smells super nice.
My Hair gets some love too. I’m loving the Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum. It really is like magic guys. I put it all over my hair, a pretty generous amount but not so much to wear its oily, and my hair is soft and manageable when I wake up. Its truly an awesome product!
Ok ladies, I think i’ve given away all my beauty secrets. If I can think of anymore I’ll be sure to update this list for you girls. As always thought, water is our BFF when it comes to great skin. It really comes from the inside and living a healthy lifestyle.